Arizona Ketamine Treatment and Research Institute (AKTARI)
Located in the Arizona State University Research Park. AKTARI was established with sound protocols to meet the highest standards for Ketamine therapy and research and cultivate ties to the clinical and medical research communities for its scientific endeavors. AKTARI is dedicated to improving the quality and effectiveness of care provided to patients with major depression, bipolar disorder, chronic anxiety, PTSD, OCD, panic disorder, or agoraphobia.
AKTARI’s mission is to promote accessible, high quality Ketamine treatment devoid of stigma and discriminatory practices for our patients and their families, and to educate physicians, mental health providers, and primary care providers about the tremendous value of Ketamine as a safe and effective treatment for their patients.
The values of AKTARI are:
- Best standards of clinical practice,
- Highest ethical standards of professional conduct,
- Access to care and compassion for patients and their families,
- Scientific, evidence-based principles,
- Collegial support and networking,
- Collaborative alliances with mental health professionals, medical colleagues, and consumer and family organizations.
“[Ketamine] really is dramatic for some people. It’s the sort of thing really that makes it worth doing psychiatry, it’s a really wonderful thing to see.”
Dr. Rupert McShane, Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust, England